Monday, June 17, 2013

[Guestpost] work / play / polish

Hi everyone!

I’m Leslie from work / play / polish. I’ve been such a fan girl of Danny’s blog for so long…I can hardly believe I’m guest posting for her!

Danny asked that I tell you a little about myself. I was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio, USA, but had the fortune of spending six months in Europe...so I’ve visited Danny’s hometown of Hamburg, Germany more than once! I’m actually a licensed manicurist. I went to nail tech school during college…with my mother. We both graduated on the same day! I continued to do nails professionally until I finished college. Then I started my career in business and pretty much forgot about manicures. It wasn’t until the Spring of 2012 (thanks to a request from my daughter to polish her nails) that I rediscovered my nail lacquer love. I started my blog in May 2012.

Today I have a nail art design using striping tape and all four nail polishes in the Nicole by OPI Notorious! NEONS mini kit (more info here). The kit includes a White Base polish and three colors: Green Neon, Fuchsia Neon and Orange Neon. Neons are so difficult to photograph! Here is the final look.
To create this design, I started with two coats of the White Base and a coat of Seche Vite. I then placed striping tape down the center of each nail and diagonally down one side. I painted alternate neon colors between the stripes. These polishes really require two coats, but I only used one coat so the tape would remove cleanly. After I filled everything in, I removed the diagonal pieces of tape (but left the piece in the center). After it was dry, I repeated the steps on the opposite side of each nail. I finished with another coat of Seche Vite. It was really very easy!

I hope you enjoyed this post. This is only my second guest post ever…so you know I must really love Danny!

[Disclaimer: Products used in this post were provided to me by Nicole by OPI for my honest review.]

_________________________

Thank you, Leslie! I love, love, love that design! It really is summer appropriate.
Your nails are always perfekt and your designs are amazing so it's me that is honored!